Monday, July 6, 2009

Trying to catch up....

So once again I've been really slack about updating the blog...like 6 months slack! There are lots of pictures, some explanations, and probably a few gaps. My goal is to try to get on here once every 1-2 weeks and keep everyone updated. So sorry for the slackness!

Other than the updated posts, here's what's going on in the Brooks' world of Huntersville, NC....

* Thomas & I are headed to the beach again Wednesday night...spending some time with his mom, stepdad and Joshua in Morehead City, then heading to Emerald Isle to spend time with his dad, stepmom & Brandon. We got our coastal fishing licenses tonight (woo hoo!) so we can head out on the boat. Hopefully this time I can catch something other than baby sharks!

* I have accepted a Full Time, Temporary position with United Way of Central Carolinas, running August 3-November 19, as a Campaign Representative for the annual campaign. It's going to be an uphill battle with all the negative publicity they've had, but I firmly believe UW does good things and funds good programs.

* Wednesday morning I have a telephone interview with an adoption agency! This is something I have wanted to do since I got into social work 10 years ago, but I'm in a quandary with the acceptance of the UW job. The adoptions job will be part time, but it's in my field and it's not temporary. I'm just praying that God will put me where HE wants me and that I handle all these situations in a professional and respectable manner.

No comments: