Friday, July 31, 2009

JOB!!!

After much prayer and about 8 months of not working (other than temp. work) I have finally found a job! I will be working with an adoption agency called "A Child's Hope" out of Raleigh, NC, as the Lead Adoption Counselor for Mecklenburg County and the 12 surrounding counties. Many people who know me know that this is something I have been interested in doing for a very long time, just haven't been given the opportunity. But God's timing is great, and there have been many things that happened over the past 10 years that have helped me get to a point that I could do this job.

While I'm excited about the job, I'm still a little apprehensive about the income part of it! I will be a contract employee, and there are no guaranteed hours. It's classified as a Part Time position, but some weeks there will be more work than other weeks. But I have faith that if God puts me where He wants me then He's going to take care of me while I'm there. I have seen so many times how He puts me somewhere (even if it's not what I want), but in the big picture it's the best thing for me.

This week has been busy, getting everything together that I need. I called Monday morning (the 27th) and was able to get an override into a class for Wednesday (the 29th) for my NC Notary Training. (Yes, in NC you have to take a 6 hour class w/exam before you can be a notary!) I had a temp. job lined up for Tuesday the 28th, things were slow, so I got my Notary Guidebook read, highlighted, etc. along with 1 of the training manuals for the new job. Thursday was running around getting fingerprints done, background check, notary application sent in, transcript requests, etc. All that FUN stuff! And yesterday I received another training packet in the mail to review/practice for the legal training.

So over the next few weeks, I'll be doing training and getting prepared for this endeavor. Next Thursday & Friday (8/6-7) I will be in Raleigh for training. I will have 1 more day of training to be scheduled after that, and then I will begin taking calls.

I'm excited about this new opportunity, and look forward to where the Lord's going to lead. I'm sure it's going to be an adventure! :)

No comments: