Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Our first Christmas....

Thomas & I have been getting in the Christmas spirit...Decorating the house, Christmas lights, and my favorite...volunteering at Operation Christmas Child packing shoeboxes! Mom gave us "Our First Christmas Together" ornament for our tree. Thomas & I went to Daniel Stowe Botanical Gardens to walk through the lights 12/13....we were hoping to make it to McAdenville on the way back, but after sitting in traffic for 2 1/2 hours the lights were turned off at 11 p.m. We finally made it at 11:10 p.m., so there were very few houses still lit up and the town lights were OFF! Big disappointment, but we entertained ourselves anyway.

I've finally completed the move to NC....got my NCDL today after taking the test (yes, you have to take the written test & sign test up here), finished vehicle registration, and all that other fun stuff! Thomas & I joined Lake Norman Baptist this past Sunday, and Thomas should be baptized sometime in January or February....YAY!!! We've been visiting on & off for the past 3 years, but really feel comfortable with the people and love the pastor.

I'm still looking for a job, and praying that God will put me where he wants me in that department. It's not very "appropriate" to put "I want a job with less responsibility and no 24/7 on-call" on a cover letter. I LOVED my job at the shelter and wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. But it was HIGH stress and calls in the middle of the night with child-related issues and other house malfunctions. I'm a very hard worker, but I would like to have a job where I can enjoy time with Thomas & would be more stable when we have children.

Oh well, that's my ramble. We're gearing up for Christmas time with our families, Sunday School Christmas party and all the other festivities associated with the holiday season! So here are a few pictures from our recent activities...















The Orchid Tree at Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden





No comments: